8 months ago
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
4th of July
The 4th of July was low-key at our house, in fact we weren't even home! Derek's sister, Diane, lives in Orem on a large cul-de-sac. They jokingly call it the cul-de-sac of fire on the 4th. Well, they weren kidding.
One of the neighbors had rigged up a rocket launcher(I'm sure it was someone's scouting/eagle project,) and the kids were able to make paper rockets, and launch them. I helped Jake and Kate make theirs. They went really high!
The fireworks started about 9:30 pm, about the same time that the rain started. Yes, I said rain! Where the heck does it rain on the 4th?
Apparently in Utah!
It was quite comical when the big fireworks began. Although, I had a umbrella over my head, I would have to tip it back, in order to look up to the sky, which resulted in water in my eyes. After about 30 minutes of this, I gave up, and went inside to finish out my 4th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment