Well, since I have went Private on my blog, no one reads it anymore. Maybe I'm just boring everyone to death...lol..oh well.
Lots of changes in our household for October. After much consideration, I decided to get a job, to help out our family. Since moving here to Utah, money has been a little tight, and I'm slowly realizing how much things cost here. Derek is blessed to have a wonderful job that is 7days on/7 days off, which would afford him a second job if needed. He started to look to do some home health, and every place he called he there were no openings.
Fast forward 4 weeks, I am in Crisps grocery store in Salem, shopping, and I just happen to ask a lady at the customer service counter if they are hiring. She said they were, and asked me about my experience. I told her that I had worked at a bakery before as a closer, donut fryer, and cake decorator.
She asked me to fill out an application, and get back with her. I didn't realize I was talking to the owner at the time. I turned in my app the next day, and didn't hear from them for a week(we had been on vacation too.) I called the day after we got back, and she surprisingly told me over the phone that she wanted to hire me, pending my interview. Went in for my interview, and got the job. My shift doesn't interfere with my kids lives(they are still home in bed, ha!), and to tell you the truth- it's kinda nice to get out and be my own entity for a while.
True, it may not be a glamorous job, but I feel that Heavenly Father helped me to find this job. The hours work for me, and this was not an advertised job, so I think divine intervention totally played a part. Getting up at 4:30 am is rough some mornings, but luckily, it hasn't been too difficult.
Fast forward another week, Derek gets a call from a co-worker, who works opposite weeks-we will call him Paul- Paul is a contract worker for home-health, and his boss asks him if he knows of any PTs at the hospital, who are looking for work. Paul passes Derek's name onto his boss, Derek's makes calls, fills out paperwork, and gets hired. Woo-hoo.
Another change in the family- Steve and Curtis are living with us for a bit. Good thing we finished that bedroom downstairs. I was wondering why I felt prompted to finish it, and found most of the supplies (closet doors for free, Closetmaid rack system for 5$ at DI, floor moldings for very little)cheap and quickly.
The final change of the month-Derek's Mom and Dad are coming home from thier LDS mission tomorrow! They bought a house, and we have been busy getting it ready for them. Its been fun working together with all the siblings, but it has kept us very busy! I fall into bed now most nights from sheer exhaustion!
8 months ago

2 comments:
I had no idea that your blog went private. Good grief where have I been??? I just thought you were really busy and not able to update. I'll have to make the change in my list and then I'll be visiting more often! :) Glad to see that things are going well for you and your family. Miss you!
thanks Michelle! Been having some wierd traffic on here, and well I figured if anyone relly cares about us, they will take the time to sign in to read about us..lol
Post a Comment