Friday, October 01, 2010

Halloween Fun

When I was a kid, Halloween was a huge thing in our family. I can remember deciding weeks before, what our costumes would be. My mom often sewed them for us. My sister was a tube of Crest toothpaste one year.

Anyways, I've always had a fondness for Halloween. A great excuse to get dressed up, and eat candy. What more could you want? It figures I would marry someone who didn't celebrate Halloween as a child. For a few years I didn't push the subject, but as Lydia got older, she wanted to trick-or-treat like her friends. We started out slow, going to church trunk-or-treats, then progressed to full blown neighborhood candy-begging. Derek is still not into Halloween, but will go to parties with us, etc.

This year, I wanted to do a Halloween countdown calendar, and saw this really cute idea on Studio 5. I knew I had most of the supplies( mostly scrapping stuff). Each day has a treat or money, inside of the little pocket. It was really fun to make. I think I may de-string the pockets, and laminate them, so I can reuse it next year.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

man, you have skillz.

No Halloween???? wow.

I mean. I know why. But... I don't think I could be like that. Maybe my convictions aren't strong enough?!

Whitney said...

The countdown calendar is so incredibly cute! I'm kinda jealous.

You should definitely put up photos of what you guys are for Halloween this year.

Love and miss you all.

Amy said...

well, this will come as no surprise NoSurf, Dereks dad made them do a history of Halloween report, and told them to find something positive about Halloween, other than free candy, and he would let them celebrate. The rest is history...lol
Whit, Halloween is on Sunday this year and it is also the Thuesons mission homecoming that night, so we are planning on going out Saturday night :)

severegirl said...

So cute! Love it!

Michelle said...

That is so cute! I may have to do one next year! :)