Tuesday, October 19, 2010

God's country

The kids had a couple of days off for school, so we decided to head on down to Hurricane, to visit the Cahoons.It was nice to just relax and not have an agenda to stick to. On Friday, we headed out towards Springdale, Utah to pick apples at an orchard, and to help the Cahoons take some family pictures for their Christmas cards. My girls enjoyed walking down the long rows, looking for the gala apples. We only found a few(it was late in the season)but we managed to make some very messy caramel apples, once we got home. The Cahoons had to head back home, and we headed onto Zions Natl Park.
I wasn't sure how much I would like the rock formations, since I'm kinda a tree and grass girl. I loved it! It was a nice cool day, and the best part-they had a tram that took you to the different areas, so you didn't completely wear yourself out, although Kate had a pretty hard time on some of the trails. It was really interesting to me to see that beautiful park, and I felt reverence for those creations. There was a couple sitting on the Tram discussing how Zion's Park was "too religious"- Some of the parks main attractions have biblical names. I really wanted to say something, but I have to be respectful of others beliefs.
I would love to go back without the children to do some of the more "difficult" trails.

0 comments: