Wednesday, May 12, 2010

She's Crafty




I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Canadian craft show, She's Crafty. The girl who hosts it, Wendy, is just a hoot! It often features her and a guest crafter as they make decorative items for the home. Sometimes she is way over the top( see the pasties episode) or the time she had the he/she embroidery artist. I swear one look at the artists hands, and you could totally tell it was a guy!

I really love the show, and one night she featured this slide lampshade. I knew I had to do it. I began by hunting for an old lampshade at DI, and while cleaning out my brothers basement, found a bunch of discarded slides. Another trip to Joann's for the jump rings, and I was set. I started out by using my crop-a-dile to punch the holes in the slides. Ladies, if you don't have one of these, you must get one! They can punch a hole in anything paper, plastic, metal. It's one handy tool.

First- I used the jump rings to join vertical rows of slides.
Second- Dis-assemble the DI lampshade, and strip it down to the frame, and paint the frame black to match the existing lamp.
Third- I used more jump rings, to attach my vertical rows of slides to frame, and even more rings to attach these rows to each other.

I am so pleased with my finished product. The most expensive thing I used was the jump rings @1.99 a pkg. Cant wait to put it in the new house :)

0 comments: