At Walmart, they sell a gluten-free Scone Mix, by Blue Chip Group. I've had great success with making bread, and rolls with this product, but was skeptical about trying donuts.
They were delish! Notice I said "were". They are all gone now. I'm sure they went straight to my thighs, but they were oh... so...good! ( btw the kids ate a bunch too!)
First, I started by mixing up the dough, rolling it out, and cutting out the donuts with a biscuit cutter. I made the hole in the middle using a metal cake decorating tip(the non-decorative end). I them put them in the oven to proof for about 10 minutes.
Next I fried them for about 3 minutes each side, then dipped them in the glaze.
Dont they look wonderful?
The finished product...
Kate enjoying the finished product.

4 comments:
Okay you've got to stop blogging about food!!! It is making me miss all the good get togethers we had and the mostly revolved around food! :) Glad things are going so well for you!
it's okay Michelle, you will be here soon enough, and then we can have a great big party to make up for the time!
ohmygosh those look so good. And gluten free? You know, you could sell those? :)
I've thought about that...I would love to own a deicated GF dessert shop someday :)
Post a Comment