My children are growing way too fast. Lydia is about to turn 12 an enter Young Women's this year, my baby Kate is in Kindergarten, and Jake just celebrated his 3rd birthday. Derek snapped this picture yesterday.Doesn't he look like a little man and when did I get an almost teen? It seems my children wake up in the morning, and they look like they have grown overnight! Is it this Utah air, or is just the realization that time marches on, whether you want it too or not?
Yesterday I got an opportunity to see some of my dear friends from Arkansas, the Moll Family and Rhea Smith. I cannot tell you how good I felt see my old friends. I still miss Arkansas terribly. I love the slower pace of life, the friendliness of the people, and the overall beauty of the landscape there. If I could I would go back in a heartbeat....but alas, we are committed here for another 10 months. Don't get me wrong Utah has beauty of it own. Consider this...
This was taken out our back door.
Guess I'm still adjusting to it all....

3 comments:
Jacob is growing so big. Wow. I'm glad you were able to see Jack/Lori and Rhea! We miss you too! :)
OK, I am jealous that I am not looking at those beautiful mountains every day! I guess it is one of those "bloom where you are planted" thing for both of us. Both places are nice, that is what makes it so hard to decide which is the best...
Maureen dont be jealous...lol..
I can see benefits of living both places, but I cherish my Arkansas years. So many people we would not have met otherwise :)
Post a Comment