Sunday, March 14, 2010

mini vacation

Gotta love Charter Schools. The girls had a whole week off (march break) so we headed down to visit some friends in Hurricane. Derek was off also, so it seemed like a perfect way to spend it!

Hurricane is down in Southern Utah, and is known for it's warm climate. Retired people usually have winter homes in this area, but this year its seems to be anything but warm. They have been slammed with so much snow this year!
Driving down, we were in a snow storm(around the Cedar City area), but we made it just fine. The people traveling on I-15 the next day weren't so lucky. A car got sandwiched between two semis, and one person was killed. The Interstate was shut down for 5 hours while they cleared the wreckage.
Anyhow, we were able to stay with the Cahoons in their new house. It is beautiful. We even had our own MIL suite to stay in(thanks Ciera for letting us use your space!) Christen and I had fun running around St George and making crafts. Believe it or not, we didn't even scrapbook! Here is a picture of us on the last day. Who would have known, that 10 years ago in Conway, we formed a friendship that we still enjoy today?

Lydia and Graden had fun getting to know each other again.


Kate stayed busy down in the game room, complete with a ping-pong table, pinball machine, the Wii, and a cute little room complete with dress up outfits.

It was a nice break form the norm...wonder what we will do for Spring Break next month?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a great break. Too bad about the snow:( I read about that accident on the news. Apparently it was considered to be linked to another further up I-15? Or something. When I read about these things I'm SO GLAD my husband doesn't commute :/

Martindale News said...

Isn't it beautiful there? I was there a couple of weeks ago (St George), that is where we are probably going to retire to next summer. We will be those old people that you referred to. That is where Julia lives now and she loves it. Glad you enjoyed your time off.

Amy said...

It is beautiful Maureen..love the red rocks and the fact you are so close to the grand canyon.Plannins another trip already to check that out. BTW, where does Julia's hubby work in SG?