

Well, get ready.
This has been bugging me for weeks. I feel its my right as an American to speak my mind.
We have 3 weeks to get our acts together and vote for a new President to lead this country.
If your like me, your so sick of the mud-slinging, unsolicited e-mails from family and so-called friends, reminding us of the candidates weaknesses and shortcomings.
For most of America, this election will boil down to the Economy. Forget the issues of yesteryear, same-sex marriage, abortion, taxes(well, maybe this one is not too removed this time)(especially for those that make 250K a year). If your like me I was a bit confused:
I really had to ask myself, what do I believe? I believe in God, of course, and i believe in those people who have died for our country, so I could not worry about someone coming and telling me where I can live, what religion to practice, and how many children I can have. This is America folks! I know at times we would like to tell some of these crazed supporters where to go!
Ive heard it all.
Obama: he's not American, didn't live in the States very long, not a Christian, he's black,
has an Islamic name, well..that's what is great about America.
Anyone can become President if they meet the criteria. Does he have some viable ideas? Yes, he does.
Mcain: he's too old, too out of touch, too conservative, in the oil companies pocket( Just like ole' George)more of the same, just a different name. Gun toting NRA member.
btw...( love how the above Mccain/Palin website has the plea for donations right on the home page(not shy are they?)
Here it is in a nutshell for me:
As citizens we have the privilege and duty of electing office holders and influencing public policy. Participation in the political process affects our communities and nation today and in the future.
Latter-day Saints as citizens are to seek out and then uphold leaders who will act with integrity and are wise, good, and honest. Principles compatible with the gospel may be found in various political parties.
Therefore, in this election year, we urge you to register to vote, to study the issues and candidates carefully and prayerfully, and then to vote for and actively support those you believe will most nearly carry out your ideas of good government.
The Church affirms its neutrality regarding political parties, platforms, and candidates. The Church also affirms its constitutional right of expression on political and social issues.
Latter-day Saints as citizens are to seek out and then uphold leaders who will act with integrity and are wise, good, and honest. Principles compatible with the gospel may be found in various political parties.
Therefore, in this election year, we urge you to register to vote, to study the issues and candidates carefully and prayerfully, and then to vote for and actively support those you believe will most nearly carry out your ideas of good government.
The Church affirms its neutrality regarding political parties, platforms, and candidates. The Church also affirms its constitutional right of expression on political and social issues.
Sincerely yours,
Thomas S. Monson
Henry B. Eyring
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
The First Presidency

3 comments:
Very well said Amy!! Thanks for your comments!!!!
thanks Michelle....I'm so ready for it to be decided!
Awesome. THanks.
Post a Comment