Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trunk or Treat

I'm not sure if Halloween is my favorite holiday, but it's right up at the top of the list!

As a child, I have fond memories of dressing up as a hobo in my dads over sized shirts, my sister being a cool Crest toothpaste tube, complete with a toothpaste cap hat! My brother was always something gross, like the Grim Reaper, or a mummy(go figure) We were lined up, in front of the fireplace for our annual photo taken with the Kodak camera.
At the time we live in California, so after about an hour of walking in our neighborhood, our buckets would be overflowing and we headed home to dump out all the booty and let the candy trading begin!

Then it all changed..I met and fell in love with a man who did not celebrate Halloween as a child.
When I first found this out I thought: oh my gosh you are crazy! What????
When we were engaged, I did manage to get dress him up in a Doctors costume to take me to the
Singles Ward Halloween dance. Oh, the things you do for love! ( His name badge read Dr. I C Rectum) lol..can u guess what kind of doctor?

When Lydia was born and her first Halloween came, I begged Derek to let me dress her up. Then night came, and I snuck a costume on her. He wasn't happy, but let me do it anyways.
I'm happy to say this is one battle I have won.

Tonight was trunk-or-treat at our Branch. Lydia was a witch, and Kate a butterfly. Kate won 2nd place with her costume! Jacob was a bee, but was so crabby/tired I couldn't get a picture of him. Oh well, real Halloween is only 2 days away :)

0 comments: