Thursday, March 08, 2012

Time Marches on...

I just can't seem to keep up with everything...I am shocked to see it has been 2 months since my last post! I am so happy it is March. Such a great time of renewal. Some of my bulbs are already popping through the ground here in Utah. Don't worry, a late snowstorm will come and kill evey blooming thing! lol...that's why I dont plant my garden until after May 15th.

Derek and I have been busy on house projects. We have repainted our bedroom to a light grey color called Wordly Grey(SW),set up the front room as an office, instead of a playroom, and have solved the mystery of the vanishing hot water, by finally fixing out hot water heater. We also cleaned out and organized the basement. Guess these were all things we could do in the dead of winter, but I am so looking forward to getting the garden area tilled up again, and starting our seeds inside, at the end of this month.

My mom and Dad are coming for a visit mid-May, and she will help me plant the front beds for the summer months ahead. Can I say how much I love having a Master Gardner for a Mother?

As far as life in general, Derek is still working at IHC, but I am taking a much needed break from work. I have been watching children in my home, but a good friend of mine was needing some income, so we worked it out. She is now watching the children I had before. I also took Jake out of Preschool(the last two months were mostly fluff(field trips and stuff). Figured I could save myself some money, and just take all my kids to see the really cool stuff! Looks like tomorrow we may be heading up to Salt Lake to go to the Hogle Zoo, and see the This is the Place monument.
There are so many family things to do here in Utah. We are kinda spoiled!

In April we have Derek's annual mission reunion up in Idaho...can't wait to see all my buds again.

Happy Spring!

0 comments: