Monday, December 21, 2009

updates

I have actually accomplished a few things since my last post. Ive went through the whole house and pulled all the non essential stuff, and had a huge yard sale last Saturday. Took me about a week and a half to go through everything and price it. I was a little scared with having a yard sale the Saturday before Christmas. I thought people would be out buying presents or pinching pennies this year since the economy is suffering. Boy, I was wrong- we had so many people! It was great. Made a little money for our move, so that's always a plus.

Some days I can't believe we are moving to Utah. As each little piece of the puzzle falls into place, I'm realizing, this IS going to happen.
We have found a place to live. We decided on the house on 1400 E in Spanish. It's way smaller than our house now, but we will get by. We always do....
Ive got the girls pre-enrolled in a charter school there, now to go find some uniforms.
The moving truck is reserved and ready to go. Gotta make a reservation for a hotel stay during the trip.
BIL is flying out to help us move back.
Things are working out. I know Heavenly Father is helping us out and making these things possible for us. I feel blessed.

Next Sunday we have to speak in church. At first I said no, but Ive never said no to a church assignment before, so I called the Presidency member back and told him yes. Guilt is a good motivator in this case...lol
They asked Lydia to speak also, And I think we might do a duet for the musical number. No, not our cello and violin, but singing. At least that I know how to do!
Speaking of music, our Christmas Orchestra performance went well. The auditorium was packed. It was weird being on stage, instead of being in the audience like I normally am. I'm glad its over, and I feel good about the progress we have both made in our 12 weeks of class.
Well, gonna sign off, have lots to do today.

2 comments:

lindsee said...

I had no idea you were leaving. When are you going? Good luck!

Amy said...

we leave out on Jan 3rd....it all happened really fast.Good opportunity to be near family. I'm happy.