Tuesday, December 08, 2009

the cat...

No, we don't have a new pet, but it is out of the bag. After much consideration, and prayer, the Thueson family is moving to Utah. Yes, I know we love to move, and maybe we are crazy moving in the middle of the winter, but it just feels right. We are so sad to leave behind my family, and our Arkansas friends who have become like a family to us. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Derek has been offered a job with a IHC hospital in Provo, UT. We haven't live in Utah since we were first married, 17 years ago...lol I'm sure it has changed, but we are looking forward to being closer to Derek's family members and my brother Steve. There are many more schooling opportunities out there for our children,(much more family friendly) and it will be nice having a temple closer that 3 hours away.

With that said, we have appreciated all of the friendships and fun we have had in in Arkansas the past 14 years. We will miss you all very much!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sad that you are leaving.... but what a fun adventure! Just keep up the blog for us and of course we'll see you on facebook.

Martindale News said...

Congraulations, we will see you out there in about 18 months. Keep up updated on your blog please.

teresa said...

Amy, I know it's been a pleasure knowing me, and I feel the same about you and your family. *;-.)
We will miss you and hope you keep your blog updated.
love ya

Janae' said...

Wow! Huge move! Please keep up your blog Yes!

Michelle said...

I am so going to miss you. But I know it's the best thing for your family right now!! You can still come back to visit and we can still come visit you. So you can't get rid of us just by moving! Love ya! :)

Courtney said...

Wow! Congratulations! When are you moving? I'm sure you are so excited and nervous. It will be great. Good luck and keep in touch! I'm excited for you guys!

Amy said...

we will be heading out Jan 3rd. Yes, its just around the corner. I am so overwhelmed right now, with finding housing, calling utilities,trying to forward mail to a place I dont technically have yet, going through all our stuff!It's been very stressful!

Unknown said...

We'll have to get together.

If you're planning on doing any homeschool at all, there's a group of ladies from Spanish Fork, Springville, Salem and provo that meets weekly and does classes on Fridays some of the year for all the kids. It's a fun group of ladies and I know you'd like them :)