Sunday, July 05, 2009

weight loss part 2

Well, its been a couple of months since my last weight loss report, so here it goes. I haven't been as successful as I wanted, but I'm still happy to say Ive lost about 15 lbs. I started going back to the gym, stopped drinking caffeine, and basically am just watching the amounts I eat, and allowing myself 1 free day. If I want a brownie, I can have one on my free day :)

It's really weird to me, once I can trick my mind into thinking that I don't want something, I
can lose the weight. I guess that means I'm an emotional eater.
I was watching Oprah, last week , and they had some overweight teens on. I found myself in tears watching some of the stories. Some of these kids wanted to die, instead of being overweight. I just wanted to reach through the TV and give them a big ole hug.
Being overweight does not define who you are! Anyone who has ever struggled with weight, will tell you that your emotions play a huge part in the weight loss game. I have been a teenager and struggled with self-image, in a some-what normal body. I just couldn't believe some of the stories these teens were telling of people teasing them, it was shameful....it's so sad that the world is so focused on our outward appearance.

So you still hanging in there with me? 20 more pounds to go..let's get healthier...we can do it!

2 comments:

Janae' said...

15 lbs is great!! Good job that is sooo hard to do!

Courtney said...

Awesome job Amy! You should be so proud of yourself! Keep goin' girlie. Yes, I'm hanging in there with you...as of last week anyways! Hopefully I will be successful. Take care