
I really love the springtime, but it always reminds me that summer is around the corner. Even though I have been in Arkansas for 14 years, I still detest the humidity. The only way to keep cool here in the summer, is to be in the water. Unfortunately, to be in the water, you have to be semi-undressed! lol..
As a person who has struggled with her weight most of my life( as a kid I was way skinny) and often sick. As an adult, diagnosed with Celiac disease, I have learned to cook wheat-free, and for years I was making up for lost meals! So now here I am 39.5 years old(and holding) and still 30 lbs overweight! Children, nursing, all of these things have affected me. I decided around Christmas that I was ready to start treating myself better. I started by cutting out caffeine(bye, bye, Cokes) and started putting less food on my plate. I quickly lost 10 pounds. But with the stress of a new year, moving and other things beyond my control, I gained some back.
Well, here we are a month before the big 40, and got back on the wagon again. Again, I'm not doing much, except no sodas, no eating between meals, and just making healthy choices. Ive lost 11 lbs so far and plan get rid of the other 20 over the summer. I bought a really cool piece of workout equipment from Bally. Its basically a sculpting bar, that has resistance. I'm am not the jogging/StairMaster type, but this little workout bar is great! I can really fell the strengthening of my muscles.
I noticed today on Oprah that Kirstie Alley will be on. Remember her? She was the spokesperson for Jenny Craig, and lost all that weight , then gained it back? I feel exactly like her. Oh, I suppose I could beat myself up about gaining some back, but what does that really do for your self-esteem? So if any of you out there are like me, and struggling, I'd love to hear from you. Maybe we can make it together!

6 comments:
I am in the same boat. I would love to lose 30 lbs, but don't know if it is possible at my age. I can't expect to look like I did 25 years ago can I? Hey I would love to loose about 15 at least. I have been on that wagon so many times too. Count me in though, it is easier in the summer to loose the weight. Good luck
I'm in it with you - except I have a little bit more than 30 pounds to loose. But we'll make it! We need to work out what days and time we want to go walking. I'm up to the challenge!
Ummm...yes, I totally feel your pain. A friend and I started in Dec '07 with an awesome food and workout plan. We were going to reward ourselves every 12 weeks for our success...well, the first 12 weeks were awesome, the second 12 weeks fizzled quickly, and the rest of the year...well it was non existent. I'm now heavier than I was in '07 and it sucks! I went a whole year without soda, and I've given it up, AGAIN! It's hard to battle those same pounds again. I'm hoping this week will be better. I'm really going to try. Really, I am. I'm up for talking about this anytime you want. I'm sure you can't tell that, by how long winded my comment is...Oh, and clothes...yuk! and going to church on Sunday, wearing the same thing...double yuk! I keep refusing to buy bigger clothes, so I buy bigger crappier clothes and feel like crap in them. Only one more month until pool season. I suppose I should get busy, huh? It's hard. I feel your pain, but I know it's doable. It really is. Don't give up.
Well, I am not heavier, but i am gooshier :) About a year and a half ago I had a health scare during a walk at the bike trail. I totally gave up my active activities until i got my asthma under control... The problem is the anxiety is still there...My Dr. said just to start slow, so I am. We danced like crazy people on Friday to some music while we cleaned house and it was fun! Good Luck on your quest! :) You can do it!
I am so with you. I can't do anything drastic since I am nursing, but I have several goals. I am not out to lose weight right now, but to gain health.
Im convinced the older you get the harder it is to lose!
Im doing pretty good this week, found a bunch of fresh produce on sale cheap this week at Kroger.
I did reward myself over the weekend with a *new* smaller sized dress. Im fianlly out of the plus sizes!
Courtney, you have always looked so great to me!
Dana, I had no idea you had asthma.
Jodi, I'm still nursing too(that's another story :)But, he's down to once a day...
Post a Comment