Why is it, in Arkansas, we can never have normal winter weather? I swear, we are cursed.
The dreaded stuff started falling yesterday morning, and finally quit sometime during the following night. Everything is just covered. The ice is so heavy, our downspouts fell off the gutters. No, that is not our Mountain dew bottle left behind in the car carnage. lol...
Of course Derek was expected to be at work. It was so bad, his boss had to stay the night, in the Rehab Dept at the hospital! Derek did get his little Mazda hatchback stuck in the ice, so I had to give him a push to get him onto the road. That was fun!
School is out, so the neighbor kids are making the best of it. I kept hearing screams and discovered our teenager neighbors sledding down the hill tandem style on a plastic sled. It doesn't look it, but the hill is pretty steep. It runs along the side of our house.They cracked me up!
Of course my kids think it's so unfair that they aren't out in it. I keep explaining its just ice , not snow, and all they can do is get wet. I just don't want to chance anything since vacation is around the corner! I know, I'm such a terrible Mom....

1 comments:
good luck on your trip
Post a Comment