Tuesday, September 16, 2008

blogs,hurricanes and chocolate cake!


Okay all you bloggers out there, you all have these really cute scrapbook-looking, fashionable blogs( you know who you are) and of course the lady that does scrapbook, cant get the stupid things to work here on blogspot.
Can someome take an old lady by the hand and explain it to her???? I mean jeez, it can't be that difficult right?

Today I am feeling my age(39). When Ike went through it really reeked havoc in our yard. We have this huge Pin Oak tree in the front, its about 40 years old.I hate the thing!It has acorns, tiny tiny leaves, and thin branches. It litters the ground with the slightest breeze. The thing literally sheds! With all the wind even our neighbors perfect lawns looked trashed! Well, of course, they are all old people who have nothing better to do than to watch grass grow, so thier yards were back to pefection by sundown. I spent good part of yesterday raking piles of tree parts, and then another chunk of my day, dragging large limbs to the curb. I definately made some noise with the blower, just to let my neighbors know I was working on my yard. You know they think your yard is bad when the say things like:
"I hope your not doing that because of me" or my favorite "It's okay honey, we know you have kids" Grrrrr....Anyhow back to my point- Im a little sore today. Getting old sucks(pardon me)

dont I sound like a old lady today??? lol...

I almost forgot..my recipe for the month. I have had so many people asking me for good Gluten-free recipes lately. Here is one I shared recently with a friend.

One Bowl Happy Birthday Cake Makes

1 cup rice flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk1 egg
1/2 cup hot water(this is important)
Mix first nine ingredients in a bowl until smooth. The batter will be thick.Then add the hot water( this breaks down the grain in the rice flour better, and results in a better texture for the cake.)Pour batter into a greased 9x9 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.If you want to frost the cake, Pillsbury Brand chocolate and vanilla ready made frosting, is gluten-free.




2 comments:

C and T Orvin said...

Check out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
for the best choices of backgrounds. They are really easy to work with. If you find one you like and need help...just ask and I can do it for you or walk you thru it - Glad to see you writing more - great recipes - Tiff

Amy said...

I might just take you up on that.
I've been trying to use that site, but it keeps saying error...
oh well. Maybe I need to add a feature here at blogspot?